Pediatric- Growth and Development
Listen to a recorded presentation by our pediatric director of clinical education talk about growth and development of the pediatric client. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge for care to a pediatric patient.
- Pediatric stages of growth and development are defined and explored
- Pediatric developmental assessment guidelines
- Understand how developmental age impacts nursing care and safety
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
RN & LPNs that are new nurses with no experience in the care of pediatric clients in the home.
The learner will:
1. Understand the importance of monitoring growth.
2. Discuss patterns of growth from infancy through adolescence
3. Discuss the essential pediatric growth measurements and how to
4. Understand the importance of developmental assessment.
5. List 6 types of development.
6. Discuss patterns of development.
7. Apply Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development to their client
8. Apply Piaget’s stages of cognitive development to their client
9. Understand how developmental age impacts nursing care and safety.
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 1.00 Participation