Professional Boundaries in Pediatric Home Care
Listen to a 29 minute recorded presentation by one of our directors of clinical education talk about professional boundaries in pediatric home care. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge regarding professional boundaries in home care.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
- Understand why maintaining professional boundaries may be more challenging in the home care environment.
- Discuss aspects of a therapeutic relationship
- Describe at least 5 boundaries that are at risk for violation in the home care environment.
- List 8 measures that can help prevent boundary violations
- Understand how to maintain professional boundaries in social media use.
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.50 Participation