Pediatric- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) 2.0
Listen to a recorded presentation by our pediatric director of clinical education talk about spinal cord injuries (SCI) in the pediatric client. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge for care to a pediatric patient.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
- Describe etiology of and types of spinal cord injuries
- List 6 complications and describe characteristics of each complication associated with spinal cord injuries
- Discuss characteristics, symptoms and treatment of autonomic dysreflexia
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.25 Participation