Pediatric- Short Bowel Syndrome
Listen to a recorded presentation by our pediatric director of clinical education talk about Short Bowel Syndrome in the pediatric client. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge for care to a pediatric patient.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
1. Describe Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS)
2. List causes of SBS
3. Describe the affect of intestinal loss
4. Discuss treatment and nursing considerations when caring for a child with SBS
5. List at least 8 complications associated with SBS
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.25 Participation