Pediatric: Emergency Preparedness
Listen to this 17 minute recorded presentation by one of our directors of clinical education talk about the Emergency Preparedness. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge for care to a pediatric patient.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
- Discuss how complacency can have negative impact on emergency preparedness
- Understand how assessment, competency, and environmental preparedness can affect the outcome of an emergency
- Describe ways to be prepared and prevent emergencies
- Discuss the importance of communication in relation to changes in client condition
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.50 Participation