Pediatric-Assessment of Vital Signs
Listen to a 26 minute recorded presentation by one of our directors of clinical education talk about Assessment of Vital Signs in pediatric home care. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge regarding professional boundaries in home care.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
- Discuss factors that influence temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure in pediatric clients.
- Recall normal values for age regarding temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Discuss pain assessment and management for a pediatric client.
- Describe methods for obtaining vital signs.
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.50 Participation