Introduction to Adult Home Care Course
The BAYADA Home Health Care Introduction to Home Care course is available for RN's and LPN's who are transitioning from facility-based care to home care. This course provides a full day of a structured learning environment to prepare teh nurse to successfully work in home care. Upon hire, nurses will attend LIVE classroom and office lab/SIM lab to focus on home care concepts. Together with an approved instructor, these nurses will become empowered to perform the skills necessary to provide high quality, safe care in the client's home.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Frost at email@example.com or Angie Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
“It’s an amazing thing that BAYADA provides this level of support and gives the nurses ways they can advance through training.”
~ Ayala Aidman, mother of BAYADA Client
Nurses who could benefit from the Intro Course
- RN's or LPN's that have a year’s experience but have never worked in home care.
- Nursing experience is in physician’s office, health department, school nurse, for example.
- RN's or LPN's that have been out of work for </= 3 years and feels as if he/she need a refresher of nursing in home care.
Upon completion of the program, the nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence with adult population in the home care environment within the job description based on best practices and BAYADA policy requirements
- Describe and demonstrate critical thinking with common disease processes in various clinical situations
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the adult home care client
- Provide nursing care by utilizing clinical knowledge according to approved standards of care and practice
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with client, family and all members of the health care team
This course will be provided by one of the educators in your office.
- 0.00 Participation