Habilitation in Pediatric Home Health Care
Listen to a 40 minute recorded presentation by one of our directors of clinical education talk about Habilitation in pediatric home care. This course is intended for health care professionals to gain a baseline knowledge regarding professional boundaries in home care.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete evaluation with electronic submission
RNs, LPNs & Other health care professionals
The learner will:
- List 4 goals of Habilitation
- Describe a nurse's role in fostering resilience
- Identify and understand the roles of the members of the multidisciplinary team
- Describe types of adaptive equipment used by children receiving home health care
- Understand early intervention
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric homecare. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 22 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed the curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program to be accredited by ANCC.
- 0.75 Participation