Adult Nurse Fellowship Course
An accelerated program for nurses (RN or LPN) with at least 750 hours of verifiable skilled nursing experience. Proof of hours worked via employer or earnings statement is necessary. Current policy allows for hiring nurses with one-year experience but does not state a minimum number of hours. The purpose of this program is to look at quantity and type of nursing experience as opposed to time frame of experience. The aim is to provide these nurses with a better foundation for home care than the current one-year experience by utilizing classroom, simulation training, and extended clinical preceptorship.
Nurses (RN or LPN) with at least 750 hours of verifiable skilled nursing experience
Upon completion of the program, the nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence with adult population in the home care environment within the job description based on best practices and BAYADA policy requirements
- Describe and demonstrate critical thinking with common disease processes in various clinical situations
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the adult home care client
- Provide nursing care by utilizing clinical knowledge according to approved standards of care and practice
- Demonstrate effective teaching skill and provide anticipatory guidance for educating primary caregivers
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with client, family and all members of the health care team
Course will be provided by an approved office educator.
- 0.00 Participation