White Cap - NJ, 03/04/2020 - 03/05/2020
BAYADA CLINICAL MANAGERS ONLY (ACCESS CODE PROVIDED FROM BAYADA UNIVERSITY EMAIL)
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administrator of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Identify the central elements of communication to be effective in interpersonal interactions
- Distinguish between the different workforce generations and clients of today
- Define critical thinking and the fundamental competencies associated with it in your everyday work
- Discuss the art of clinical delegation and evaluation of clinical competence
- Examine ways to optimize safety for clients and employees through risk management
- Recognize roles, responsibilities and resources during internal and external surveys
- Relate the key concepts of case management in your everyday work
Clinical managers/associates and rehab managers
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
FACULTY may vary depending on date and venue
Colleen Feeley, MSN, RN
Colleen has been a nurse for 20 years, 18 of those in home health. She has been with BAYADA Home Health Care since 2007, beginning her career with BAYADA as a Clinical Manager. Since 2013, she has provided corporate clinical support, including roles in: mentoring of new clinical leaders, development of clinical policies, providing performance improvement support for offices and facilitation for clinical onboarding. She is a Nurse Planner for the Continuing Education Program (Accredited by ANCC) and assists with managing their Learning Management System (LMS).
Judy manages and coordinates CHAP accreditation and/or Medicare certification surveys. She serves as a point of contact for offices undergoing accreditation surveys. Judy also provides CHAP survey preparedness sessions to service offices and key personnel, and manages and communicates organizational changes with accrediting organization.
Mary Hayes, MSN, RN
Mary has spent 17 years at BAYADA, 14 years as the Director of LBV / Home Health Office, and has been in her CSL position since 2016. Prior to coming to BAYADA, she worked at another non-profit Home Health Agency in Philadelphia for 19 years- starting in Hospice, she transitioned to Staff Development for 14 years then advanced to a Health Care Administrative role for 3 years.
Lisa Lawson, BSN, RN
Lisa has been with the organization since 2002 and has been a White Cap facilitator since 2012. Lisa has a background with both adult and pediatric specialties and has managed both skilled and assistive care caseloads as a Clinical Manager. Lisa has also provided clinical support in the roles of quality assurance surveyor, clinical mentor and clinical instructor for the care of trach and mechanically ventilated clients. Lisa currently works in the Clinical Standards and Leadership office with a focus on clinical performance improvement.
- RNs will be able to claim CE credit
- All others will receive a Certificate of Participation
- 8.25 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 8.25 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Technical Support tab on Home Page