Skilled Nursing Unit Virtual Preceptor Development Education Course 08/09/2022
QUIZ AND EVALUATION ONLY
You should have already participated in the three hour live webinar. This is the quiz and evaluation so that you can claim your CE credits.
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (access code provided within email)
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY AND TO CLAIM CE CERTIFICATE:
- Attend planned length of activity
- Completion of course quiz, attaining 100%
- Completion of course evaluation within BAYADA Education Connection
Field clinicians selected by the service office:
RNs and LPNs
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the role of the preceptor and the new learner.
- Define what a preceptorship is.
- List the attributes of a preceptor.
- Recognize the importance of self-assessment.
- Discuss the importance of emergency preparedness.
- Identify how to prepare the new learner for potential emergencies.
- Describe how to encourage and facilitate critical thinking in the new learner.
- List 5 teaching methods.
- Discuss the importance of planning for the precepting experience.
- Discuss the importance of competency assessment, evaluation, and methods for delivering feedback.
- Recognize preceptor requirements for documentation and communication.
Conflict of Interest
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the Planners, Presenters, Authors, their spouses or significant others.
Faculty may vary based on date of activity
Dana Cornwell, RN is a Clinical Manager in the Suffolk County Skilled Office (Hauppauge, NY). Dana graduated from Case Western Reserve University with her BSN in 2011. She has over 7 years experience as a CM and was a RN preceptor in the field prior to moving into the CM role. She has experience with the pediatric and adult population, and specializes in the high-tech client. She currently manages a case load and is the nursing educator for the nurse residency program in her office.
- 3.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
ACCESS CODE IS CASE SENSITIVE; DO NOT USE EXTRA SPACES
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Technical Support tab on Home Page.