Skilled Nursing Unit Virtual Preceptor Development Education Course 03/22/2022
QUIZ AND EVALUATION ONLY
You should have already participated in the three hour live webinar. This is the quiz and evaluation so that you can claim your CE credits.
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (access code provided within email)
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ACTIVITY AND TO CLAIM CE CERTIFICATE:
- Attend planned length of activity
- Completion of course quiz, attaining 100%
- Completion of course evaluation within BAYADA Education Connection
Field clinicians selected by the service office:
RNs and LPNs
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the role of the preceptor and the new learner.
- Define what a preceptorship is.
- List the attributes of a preceptor.
- Recognize the importance of self-assessment.
- Discuss the importance of emergency preparedness.
- Identify how to prepare the new learner for potential emergencies.
- Describe how to encourage and facilitate critical thinking in the new learner.
- List 5 teaching methods.
- Discuss the importance of planning for the precepting experience.
- Discuss the importance of competency assessment, evaluation, and methods for delivering feedback.
- Recognize preceptor requirements for documentation and communication.
Conflict of Interest
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the Planners, Presenters, Authors, their spouses or significant others.
Faculty varies based on date of activity
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit graduated with a degree in nursing from Bloomfield College and has over 30 years of experience in pediatric home care. She joined BAYADA Home Health Care 23 years ago. Margit has a passion for nursing education and is currently the Director of Pediatric Clinical Education at BAYADA. She most recently developed a curriculum for the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program for transitioning new graduates into pediatric home health care, the first home care based nurse residency program accredited by ANCC.
Michelle Frost BSN, RN, CRRN
Michelle has been a nurse for over 25 years. Her entire nursing career has revolved around rehabilitation nursing, caring for clients with neuromuscular disorders. During her tenure at BAYADA Home Health Care, she has worked in various roles; home care nurse, Preceptor, Clinical Manager, ACE tracheostomy/ventilator educator. Her current title is Manager of Adult Clinical Education and she is the instructor for the Adult Nurse Residency Program.
- 3.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
ACCESS CODE IS CASE SENSITIVE; DO NOT USE EXTRA SPACES
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Technical Support tab on Home Page.