White Cap NJ 8/16/17
EVALUATION OF COURSES -
ADDRESSING CLIENT AND EMPLOYEE SAFETY
MANAGAING ACROSS GENERATIONS
HOW YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN THE SURVEYOR ARRIVES AT YOUR OFFICE
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (ACCESS CODE PROVIDED FROM BAYADA UNIVERSITY EMAIL)
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
All clinical managers who completed live classroom session
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
1. Addressing Client and Employee Safety
- describe actions that can be used to address safety concerns relating to client or employee
- describe the role of the clinician as it pertains to the safety of the client and the employee
- develop a comprehensive Emergency Plan
- verbalize Safe Patient Handling guidelines as set by NIOSH and OSHA
2. Managing Across Generations
- identify the different generations that comprise co-workers and clients
- discuss factors that influence and motivate
- explore assumptions and perceptions
- learn new strategies for managing multiple generations
3. Infection Prevention
- describe resources available on the Infection Prevention Portal - for education of field staff and clients on infection prevention policies and procedures, checklists and handouts
- share the process for evaluating the infection prevention competency of field employees in multiple environments
- list the six key areas that require an infection report
- review and discuss how and when to complete a client infection report
- describe how to access and identify an office infection trend
4. How you can be successful when the surveyor arrives at your office
- demonstrate survey etiquette
- access appropriate resources and support personnel to correctly answer questions posed by the surveyor
- identify reasons that may trigger an unannounced survey
- describe what constitutes well documented follow-up to a complaint
- relate the office roles impacted and the value of engaging support personnel to achieve a successful outcome
- recognize commonly asked questions by the surveyor and provide the appropriate answers
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
- 6.50 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 6.50 Participation