What’s Your IQ (Infection Question)?- What’s Biting You? (Animals, Humans, Insects) -LIVE WEBINAR- 10/17/17
Welcome to International Infection Prevention Week!
Please join Susan Engel, BSN, RN, Director of Infection Prevention to celebrate and honor International Infection Prevention Week. Join via webinar where an Infection Prevention Topic will be presented each day of the week with an opportunity to ask questions.
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on how to prevent animal, human and insect bites.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate.
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via webinar report log-in sheet for today
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
** Please Note: Webinar Link is located on page after clicking course access**
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Define 2 key infection issues/ concerns related to animal and human bites.
- Describe primary actions to prevent/ reduce risk of dog and human bites.
- Describe common home care infestation issues and measures to prevent insect bites and transmission of insects from home to home.
- Identify location of educational tools on bed bugs and infestation policy.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Susan Engel, RN, BSN
Susan has been an RN since 1982. She began her career in an acute care facility providing direct client care on both medical-surgical and pediatric units and advanced to charge nurse on a cardiac step down unit before transitioning to home care in 1985. Susan held both field and management roles in various home care agencies since 1985. She joined BAYADA Home Healthcare in 2000 as a clinical leader and transitioned to BAYADA’s Clinical Standards and Leadership office in 2003 with the primary responsibility of managing the company-wide Infection Prevention Program. Susan has been a member of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control (APIC) Chapter in South Jersey since 2003. She has served as an APIC board member since 2010 and currently holds the position of President-Elect. Susan is an approved instructor for the North Carolina SPICE (State Wide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology) course for Home Care since June 2011. She also holds a certification in coaching and recently completed the Dale Carnegie “Leadership for Managers Program”. Susan has an active role in BAYADA policy and procedure development and revision. She also develops and provides infection prevention education to office and field employees, BAYADA clients, and persons in the community.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page