Understanding Parkinson's Disease - LIVE CLASSROOM 6/27/18
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- define Parkinson’s Disease
- define and differentiate between types of neurotransmitters affected by Parkinson’s Disease
- identify causes of Parkinson’s Disease
- recognize signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- discuss methodologies and tools for diagnosing Parkinson’s Disease
- explain treatment options, including medication management
- discuss the prognosis for Parkinson’s Disease
- discuss ongoing research for Parkinson’s Disease
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Joseph Zazworskey PT DPT Cert MDT
Joseph Zazworskey is a Physical Therapist with 7 years of experience in neurological rehabilitation relating to Parkinson's Disease. He completed his Doctoral research testing the effects of a 2-week, intensive body-weight support, treadmill training program in adults with Parkinson's Diease. He has worked with people with Parkinson's Diease in variety of settings including inpatient neurological rehabilitation, outpatient therapy, home health, and senior living.
- 2.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 2.00 Participation
- 2.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page