Understanding Parkinson's Disease 4/26/16 8am
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Sign-ups on-line for this live event will be blocked 1 hour before the scheduled course.
Pennsylvania Social Workers
By the end of this educational activity the learner should be able to:
- define Parkinson’s Disease
- define and differentiate between types of neurotransmitters affected by Parkinson’s Disease
- identify causes of Parkinson’s Disease
- recognize signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- discuss methodologies and tools for diagnosing Parkinson’s Disease
- explain treatment options, including medication management
- discuss the prognosis for Parkinson’s Disease
- discuss ongoing research for Parkinson’s Disease
Joseph Zazworskey, PT
Joseph Zazworskey is a Physical Therapist with 7 years of experience in neurological rehabilitation relating to Parkinson's Disease. He completed his Doctoral research testing the effects of a 2-week, intensive body-weight support, treadmill training program in adults with Parkinson's Diease. He has worked with people with Parkinson's Diease in variety of settings including inpatient neurological rehabilitation, outpatient therapy, home health, and senior living.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Attendance validatidion via sign-in sheet
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 2.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 2.00 Participation