Understanding Depression in the Elderly - LIVE CLASSROOM -10/10/18
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
- define depression
- differentiate between types of depression
- identify risk factors for depression.
- recognize signs and symptoms of depression
- relate chronic physical conditions and depression
- discuss methodologies and tools for diagnosing depression
- explain treatment options, including medication management
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Stacey Rice, RN, BSN
Stacey has over 20 years’ experience in nursing and is a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) and Certified Case Manager (CCM). She has worked in a variety of direct patient care areas; as well as for large insurance and workmen’s compensation organizations. Stacey has been in home care since 2010. She started at BAYADA by providing direct patient care to our technology dependent clients; subsequently moved into the office where she began supervising staff as well as implementing and maintaining plans of care. Stacey has also performed the role of Transitional Care Manager assisting with care coordination for both assistive care and skilled care for technology dependent clients transitioning from hospital to home. She is currently the Director of the Adult Transitional Care Program and assists with complex case management.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page