Understanding Depression in the Elderly - 12/19/17
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
- define depression
- differentiate between types of depression
- identify risk factors for depression.
- recognize signs and symptoms of depression
- relate chronic physical conditions and depression
- discuss methodologies and tools for diagnosing depression
- explain treatment options, including medication management
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Sally Buonomo, RN, BSN, CCM
Sally is a nurse with over 40 years experience in various healthcare settings. Her first 6 years were in acute care with the greatest concentration on caring for neurosurgical clients. Since acute care, she has been in home care. Her home care experience has included: home visits, private duty nursing, home health aide supervision, clinical management and office director. She has also worked as a Geriatric Care Manager for 3 years. For the last 20 years, she has been working as a Transitional Care Manager. Her responsibilities include assisting clients and families with their transition from facilities to home.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page