Understanding Alzheimer's Disease - 08/10/2017
**This course is a courtesy to Stafford Hill Assisted Living Employees.
All other participants will be charged $20 for the course payable at the venue.**
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- define Alzheimer’s Disease
- discuss the difference between Dementia and normal aging
- identify the different stages of Alzheimer’s Disease and care needs
- discuss the ways to maintain ADL’s during the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
- identify interventions for Behavior management
- describe how to communicate and respond to challenging behaviors
- identify causes for changes in behavior
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Laura Chochrek RN, CDP
Laura Chochrek is a Registered Nurse and Certified Dementia Practitioner. She has worked with the geriatric population for 18 yrs. She has educated hundreds of Certified Nursing Assistants and Nurses working with the geriatric population and caring for those with Dementia. She has been able to help educate and solve the mystery of Dementia behaviors and work to connect caregivers with their patients on a level that leads to a distressed environment. She has assisted in creating, implementing and conducting educational in services for staff but also for meaningful and engaging programs for the dementia population.
- 2.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 2.00 Participation
- 2.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
**THIS COURSE IS A COURTESY TO STAFFORD HILL ASSISTED LIVING EMPLOYEES.
ALL OTHER PARTICIPANTS WILL BE CHARGED $20 FOR THE COURSE PAYABLE AT THE VENUE.**
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page