Transitioning the Complex, Technology Dependent CHILD from Hospital to Home Care- 5/9/18
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner should be able to:
- Identify common diseases/disorders associated with the pediatric client
- Identify common equipment utilized by the technology dependent child
- Identify the steps involved when preparing a technology dependent child and their caregivers for discharge to home
- Identify potential emergency situations associated with the child’s airway and equipment emergencies
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Lisette C. Alicea RN CSLI RRT
Lisette has been with Bayada since 2012 and in the medical field for 23 years. She has an extensive background as a RN and RRT with the care and management of clients with tracheostomies and mechanical ventilation including pediatric and adults. She has provided care to these type clients in the hospital and home setting.
- 1.50 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.50 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page