Transitioning the Complex, Technology Dependent CHILD from Hospital to Home Care- 11/14/17
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner should be able to:
- Identify common diseases/disorders associated with the pediatric client
- Identify common equipment utilized by the technology dependent child
- Identify the steps involved when preparing a technology dependent child and their caregivers for discharge to home
- Identify potential emergency situations associated with the child’s airway and equipment emergencies
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Dawn DeRosa, RN
Dawn has been with Bayada since 2015. She has an extensive background with the care and management of both adult and pediatric trach/vent clients, in both the hospital and now the home care setting. She is currently the Clinical Nurse Educator in the Toms River Pediatric Office. She instructs both basic skilled nurses, and the high tech trach and vent certified nurses, as well as provides ongoing education and support to meet all of their educational needs.
- 1.50 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 1.50 Participation
- 1.50 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page