Transitioning the Complex, Technology Dependent ADULT from Hospital to Home Care - 10/05/16 - 8:30
This course is free to all employees of Burke Rehab.
All other participants will be charged $10.00 for the course.
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals welcome regardless of CE credit.
By the end of this educational activity the learner should be able to:
- Identify common disease/disorders associated with the adult home care client.
- Identify common equipment utilized by the technology dependent client.
- Identify the steps involved when preparing a technology dependent client and their caregivers for discharge to home.
- Identify potential emergency situations associated with the client’s airway and equipment, as well as interventions used to resolve the airway.
Alyson Bolton, RN, CPN
Alyson Bolton has been a nurse for more than 30 years, in hospital, long term and the home care settings. She has most recently worked in home care as a field nurse then as Clinical Manager before accepting her current role as Transitional Care Manager, helping transition clients safely from the hospital setting to the comfort of their homes. She has extensive experience in the subacute rehab setting and helps facilitate all aspects of the transitioning process, orchestrating the insurance authorization, DME and nursing competency. She has worked for many years with tracheostomy and ventilator clients and is familiar with all aspects of care as well as equipment necessary to maintain a healthy home environment.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
ANCC- BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CCMC- This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Verification of attendance via sign-in sheet
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
- 1.50 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.50 Participation
- 1.50 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.