Safe and Accurate Administration of Medication in Home Care: A Distinction Between Pediatric and Adult Medication Administration
SDL Self Directed Learning
Medication administration is one of a nurse's most important responsibilities. This self directed e-learning will discuss factors that influence safe medication administration and provide guidelines and practice to promote safe medication administration in the home health care setting.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim certificate
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Self-Assessment Checkpoint
- Complete Post-Test with a passing score of > 80%
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- identify how administration of medications to a pediatric client differs from an adult client.
- identify how the 8 Rights of Medication Administration applies to Home Health Care.
- explain the importance of calculating safe dose ranges.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Margit Moran, BA RN
Margit Moran is the Associate Director of Pediatric Clinical Education for Bayada Home Health Care. She has over 30 years of pediatric home care experience with children and their families. Margit has a passion for education and has developed the curriculum for BAYADA's Nurse Residency Programs.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see technical support tab.