Rehabilitation of the Client with Hip/Knee Joint Replacement LIVE 7/13/16
This course compares the normal and diseased joint of the hip and knee. It discusses interventions for treatment pre and post surgery and rehabilitation options.
Certified Case Managers
Health Care Professionals
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- compare the difference between the normal and the pathogenic joint.
- discuss the indications and contraindications for joint replacement.
- review surgical options for a avariety of joint replacements.
- discuss aftercare precautions and interventions for total joint replacement.
- discuss discharge options for a patient with a total joint replacement.
Sarah Walmsley, PT
Sarah has been employed at a hospital, acute rehab, SNF and home care as a physical therapist providing education about treating clients with hip and replacements. She is an accomplished, paid professional speaker and has presented a lecture for the American Physical Therapy Association. She has also been a keynote speaker at three national conventions for a consulting company. She was a guest lecturer at Stockton State College for the course, "Introduction to Geriatrics" for three years. She is the co-owner of a consulting company for physcial therapy private practices, delivering 4 day training programs to PTs and other health professionals. In her past experience, she has created trianing videos for CNAs and nurses.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
ANCC- BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CCMC- This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Verification of attendance via sign-in sheet
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
- 2.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 2.00 Participation
- 2.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.