Journey to Healthy Aging: Depression
Self- Directed Learning
Education, training, and practice suggestions to identify risk factors, signs and symptoms, and appropriated interventions for clients with depression.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE certifcate
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Post-Test with a passing score of > 80%
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Identify risk factors for depression
- Name five signs and symptoms of depression
- Utilize the Patient Health Questionnaire 2 (PHQ-2) to screen for depression
- Name three non-pharmacological interventions for depression
- Recognize medications to treat depression
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Allison Sterner, RN, RHC
Allison Sterner has been employed by BAYADA since 2006. She has researched and authored multiple presentations on human behavior including Depression in the Elderly; Depression; Understanding Alzheimer's disease; and Health Coaching/Motivational Interviewing - A partnership model gaining momentum. Allison facilitated a multi-disciplinary professional team to create a learning course focused on patients journeying from normal aging through a continum which includes depression, dementia, delirium, crisis intervention and non-pharmacologic interventions for behavior management.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page