Journey to Healthy Aging: Dementia
Self- Directed Learning
The term “dementia”, can be thought of as an umbrella term under which many different causes of dementia can fall. The four types of dementia seen most often are Alzheimer’s Disease, Vascular Dementia, Dementia with Lewy Bodies, and Frontotemporal Dementia. Often, the course of Alzheimer's type dementia is categorized according to mild, moderate, or severe, but there are a number of cognitive assessment tools that can be used to stage cognitive impairment.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE certifcate
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Post-Test with a passing score of > 80%
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various types of Dementias
- Describe the stages of Dementia
- Identify various cognitive assessments and screening tools to determine stages of Dementia
- Recognize remaining abilities at each stage of Dementia
- Name Pharmaceutical treatment methods to treat symptoms of Dementia
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Wesley Deal, PTA
Wesley Deal has been a Physical Therapist Assistant for ten years, specializing in treating geriatrics with Dementia across multiple settings. He received his cerification in Dementia training from The Crises Prevention Institute in 2014, and has completed seminars across multiple states for therapist and nurses for Bayada Home Health.
Janice Braxton, MSW
Janice Braxton has been a licensed clinical social worker for more than 20 years, primarily in healthcare settings with experience in Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Dementia, Depression and Chronic Illness.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page