Journey to Healthy Aging: Crisis Intervention
Self- Directed Learning
Participants will learn what a behavioral crisis is and the warning signs that someone is heading towards one. They will be able to identify what to do during a behavioral crisis, effective verbal and non- verbal techniques to de-escalate a crisis and prevention techniques to reduce a crisis.
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Post-Test with a passing score of > 80%
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Identify warning signs that indicate a person is heading towards a behavioral crisis
- Define the common commitment criteria and when to make a referral to the local screening center
- Identify effective verbal and non-verbal techniques to de-escalate behavioral crisis
- Identify what to avoid doing or saying during a behavioral crisis
- Identify preventive techniques to reduce the likelihood of a behavioral crisis
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Janice Braxton, MSW
Janice Braxton has been a licensed clinical social worker for more than 20 years, primarily in healthcare settings with experience in Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Dementia, Depression and Chronic Illness.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page