Infant Blood Glucose Management
SDL Self Directed Learning
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (access code provided by the service office)
Learn the etiology, clinical manifestations and nursing management of infant hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia. Review the procedure for blood collection by heel stick.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim certificate
- Read the entire document in the course material.
- Check attestation statement.
Pediatric Home Care Clinicians
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Describe infant hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- List 5 or more conditions that contribute to transient and persistent hypoglycemia
- List 5 or more clinical manifestations of hypoglycemia
- Discuss nursing management of infant hypoglycemia
- List 4 manifestations of transient and/or permanent neonatal diabetes mellitus
- Discuss procedure for blood collection by heel stick
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit Moran is the Associate Director of Pediatric Clinical Education for Bayada Home Health Care. She has over 30 years of pediatric home care experience with children and their families. Margit has a passion for education and has developed the curriculum for BAYADA's Nurse Residency Programs.
- 0.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
by BAYADA for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
by learner any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page