Home Health Clinical Leader Day- Arizona 4/5/17
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (ACCESS CODE PROVIDED FROM BAYADA UNIVERSITY EMAIL)
Motivational Interviewing and Coaching - A Collaborative Communication Model
Participants will achieve understanding and skill level to use a collaborative communication model ideally suited to the "whole person", which forsters improved engagement and understanding.
- Clinical Associates
- Clinical Managers
- RNs only will be able to claim CE credit
- All others will receive a Certificate of Participation
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Explore Human Behavior Motivation and discuss impact on daily performance and communication
- Compare and contrast Traditional and Motivational Interviewing/Coaching models
- Define and demonstrate Evidenced Based Best Health Coaching Model: Motivational Interviewing
- Define The Motivational Coaching Relationship
- Demonstrate Motivational Interviewing and coaching techniques
Allison Sterner, RN, RHC
Allison Sterner has been employed by BAYADA since 2006. She has researched and authored multiple presentations on human behavior including Delirium versus Dementia; Depression in the Elderly; Depression; Understanding Alzheimer's disease; and Health Coaching/ Motivational Interviewing-A partnership model gaining momentum. Allison facilitated a multi-disciplinary professional team to create a learning course focused on patients journeying from normal aging through a continum which includes depression, dementia, delirium, crisis intervention and non-pharmacologic interventions for behavior management. She has provided multiple workshops on Motivational Interviewing as an effective communication strategy. Allison is a registered health coach.
Ron Ross, MSOD, CPCC
Ron has dedicated his career to developing others. He has a reputation of being a dynamic and engaging speaker, with over 20 years of developing others in consulting, information technology, financial services and health care organizations. He delivers thoughtful information mixed in with a heavy helping of his trademark enthusiasm and a dash of humor. Fueled by a desire to learn more and make a greater difference, Ron went back to school and completed his Masters Degree in Organization Development and Leadership in the spring of 2015. Additionally, he is a certified leadership coach who works one-on-one with leaders at all levels in Health Care to make them more effective. Ron's philosophy is simple: Balanced and healthy people make the best leaders.
- 5.50 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 5.50 Participation