Health Coaching - A Partnership Model Gaining Momentum - 10/22/16 - 9:00 AM
Join the Cosmos and Shamrock divisions for a continuing education event!
Patient adherence to recommendations and home program prescription is key to obtaining successful patient functional outcomes related to therapy goals for Physical, Occupational, and Speech services in the home care setting. Therapists require skills to ultimately engage patients to participate for interventions to succeed.
The presentation introduces a partnership model for individual engagement that is ideally suited to the “whole person” needs; techniques of motivational interviewing will be explored and practiced as a means of addressing identified areas of concern. Model will be introduced and practiced using a common and familiar topic to PT, OT and SLP disciplines around care management issues in the home health setting including adherence to a home program.
Health Care Professionals
By the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- define health coaching and the evidence based health coaching model;motivational interviewing
- compare and contrast traditional and partnership patient care models
- define the MI principals and tools - PACE
- demonstrate persuasion and motivational interviewing exercises
- demonstrate new model for design and implementation of home program
Allison Sterner, RN, RHC
Allison is a registered nurse and registered health coach: expert level. Her experience includes providing staff and community education on various topics including the Partnership model, Motivational Interviewing and Health Coaching. Allison currently serves as a member of the BAYADA Home Health Clinical Practice Team and participates on multiple Clinical Advisory groups to review best practice guidelines for disease and operations specific management.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
ANCC- BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Receive Certificate
- Validation of attendance via sign-in sheet
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Post-test completion with > 80% passing score
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
- 3.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 3.00 Participation