Self- Directed Learning
Learn about Epidiolex, the FDA approved plant- based formulation of CBD. Epidiolex is used to treat seizures for people 2 years of age and older with Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS).
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete post-test with 80% passing score
All Health Care Professionals
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of cannabidiol
- Discuss the use of Epidiolex
- Understand the difference between commercial grade CBD and Epidiolex
- List the indications for use of Epidiolex
- Discuss dosage, administration, storage, side effects, adverse reactions and contraindications of Epidiolex
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters
Margit Moran, RN, BA
Margit has over 30 years of pediatric home care experience. 20 of those years have been in various roles with BAYADA. She has worked in a leadership role related to nursing education at BAYADA for the past 5 years, developing and teaching educational programs. The programs include Nurse Residency as well as virtual classroom for Introduction to Pediatric Homecare and Nurse Preceptor Training.
- 1.00 Participation