Documentation: Charting Smarter - 11/6/17
This course will enhance your knowledge and improve your clinical documentation skills. Come learn about common mistakes not to make and why what you do not document is important as well.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administrator of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- discuss the “Whys” of documentation
- discuss the “Hows” of documentation
- discuss how documentation relates to the nursing process.
- discuss the “Dos” and “Don'ts” of documentation.
- describe the process for documenting an adverse incident.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Carlos Serrano, MS, RN, CPNP, AE-C
Carlos always knew he wanted to take care of people for a living. It was this love of caring for others and his passion for science that lead him to pursue a career in nursing. He graduated with an AAS Degree in May of 2003 and immediately began his nursing career as an RN in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). While working, he continued his education and received his BS Degree in Nursing in May of 2005. He eventually left the PICU and began working in pediatric acute care and rehabilitation. Carlos continued his education and graduated with an MS Degree in Child Health in May of 2009. After graduation, he fulfilled his lifelong career goal of becoming a primary care provider when he began working as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) in private practice. Carlos is a longtime member of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) and is Certified as a PNP in Primary Care. He is also a Certified Asthma Educator. He currently works as a Clinical Manager supervising and overseeing the care of medically fragile pediatric clients in the home care setting. Lastly, in the recent past, Carlos worked as a pediatric phone triage nurse. Carlos' specific areas of interest include Asthma, Adolescent Medicine, and families dealing with chronic illness.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page