Dementia Train-the-Trainer Program (EVALUATION), Cherry Hill, NJ (CAC Ofc) - 03/13/2019 - 03/14/2019
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (access code provided in your BAYADA University email)
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with the ability to identify and manage behavioral and cognitive changes of the Dementia client.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
BAYADA Clinical Managers
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- recognize the demographics of the disease, who is effected and the effects on the family unit
- define dementia and cognitive changes
- recognize cognitive and physical changes that complicate ADL care and identify techniques to assist with ADLs
- define verbal and nonverbal communication and describe strategies for successful communication
- identify common, challenging and potentially harmful behaviors and describe interventions used in responding to these behaviors
- describe the fundamentals of facilitation
- strengthen current facilitator skills and behaviors
- develop new facilitator skills and behaviors
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Laurel Trice, RN, BSN
Laurel Trice has worked with BAYADA since 1991 in various clinical support roles. Her experience prior to BAYADA was primarily in home health care, providing or supervising care to medicare recipients. Since September 2013 she has been the Director of Clinical Operations for the Adult Assistive Care Practice, and the Dementia Program was one of the first programs she joined to help develop the program.
- 14.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 14.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page