Delirium - LIVE WEBINAR 5/10/17 - 4:00PM
This course will assist clinicians in understanding and differentiating between delirium and dementia. How to recognize signs, symptoms and risk factors will be addressed as well as how to use the Confusion Assessment Method.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via webinar report log-in sheet for today
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of delirium
- Differentiate between dementia and delirium
- Identify risk factors
- Utilize Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) to screen patients at risk for delirium
Allison Sterner, RN, RHC
Allison Sterner has been employed by BAYADA since 2006. She has researched and authored multiple presentations on human behavior including Delirium versus Dementia; Depression in the Elderly; Depression; Understanding Alzheimer's disease; and Health Coaching/ Motivational Interviewing-A partnership model gaining momentum. Allison facilitated a multi-disciplinary professional team to create a learning course focused on patients journeying from normal aging through a continum which includes depression, dementia, delirium, crisis intervention and non-pharmacologic interventions for behavior management.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation