Comprehensive Joint Replacement Program - Operational
BAYADA EMPLOYEES ONLY (access code provided from the service office)
Home Health Care clinicians lag in current information on CMS's bundled payment initiative, the mandatory orthopedic bundle, comprehensive joint replacement, and best practices for care transitions and in-episode care. To promote higher level regulatory compliance, it is important to educate clinicians on current and future changes from CMS, to promote more consistent evidience based practice and compliance in management of patients with Hip and Knee Joint Replacement to ensure continued delivery of effective and efficient high quality home care.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Knowledge-Assessment/Quiz/Post-Test with a passing score of > 80%
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
All Home Health Clinicians wlecome to take course regardless of CE credit. A certificate of participation will be provided.
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- recognize steps to improve client outcomes and quality of care provided to orthopedic clients
- demonstrate a commitment to provide higher level service within bundled payment initiative objectives
- enhance client and employee satisfaction
- identify changes that Medicare is initiating in healthcare
- describe the Bundle Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative
- describe Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) bundled payment
- identify the quality measures associated with CJR
- explain changes associated with CJR
- identify bundled payment goals for in-episode management and care coordination
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Ryan McElhinny, PT, MPT, OCS
Ryan has been with BAYADA Home Health Care since August of 2015. He is a physical therapist by discipline. His career started as a treating clinician and from
there he moved into single agency and regional home health operational management. Currently, his role focuses on collaborating with bundle payment relationships,
ACO's and strategic partners to make operational changes within BAYADA to improve client care delivery and improve client outcomes.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.