Collaborative Communication Models - 2/22/18
Currently there exists a knowledge gap related to understanding the contrast between traditional and collaborative communication models. This course will help participants achieve a greater understanding and delevelop skills using a collaborative communication model. Motivational Interviewing and Coaching techniques are ideally suited to the "whole person" which fosters improved engagement and understanding.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- explore Human Behavior Motivation and discuss impact on daily performance and communication
- compare and contrast Traditional and Motivational Interviewing/Coaching, and Behavioral Interviewing models
- define and demonstrate Evidenced Based best Health Coaching model: Motivational Interviewing
- define the Motivational Coaching Relationship
- demonstrate Behavioral Interviewing and MI Coaching techniques
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters
Allison Sterner, RN, RHC
Allison is a registered nurse and registered health coach: expert level. She has been employed by BAYADA since 2006. She has researched and authored multiple presentations on human behavior including Delirium versus Dementia; Depression in the Elderly; Depression; Understanding Alzheimer's disease; and Health Coaching/ Motivational Interviewing-A partnership model gaining momentum. Allison currently serves as the director for The Center for integrative Care.
- 7.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 7.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page