Classroom | Epilepsy - 5/7/18 12:30 PM
This course will enhance your knowledge and skills for the patient with a history of epilesy. Come learn about the most recent interventions avalable to care for a client with epilepsy.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Define epilepsy and its causes
- Describe the different types of seizures
- Identify medications used to treat epilepsy
- Describe alternate treatments for epilepsy
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Alyson Bolton, RN, CPN
Alyson Bolton has been a nurse for 35 years, in hospital, long term and the home care settings. She has most recently worked in home care as a field nurse, Clinical Manager and as Transitional Care Manager before accepting her current role as nurse recruiter to assist in hiring qualified nurses to care for the fragile population at BAYADA. From working at a long term care facility for multiply disabled individuals to her role as Clinical Manager, she has a strong background in managing children with various types of epilepsy. She spent 8 years working at Children's Specialized Hospital with both young children and adolescents where TBI and subsequent seizure disorders were common. She has witnessed many changes in the management of seizures over the years including better anti-epileptics, diet and surgical interventions as well as long term effects of multiple medications. Alyson has worked closely with the Northeast Epilepsy Group to gain better understanding of epilepsy and its treatment.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page