Caring for the Child or Young Adult with SMA: Theory and Practice
Interactive eLearning course
- Examine the causes, symptoms, and diagnosis of SMA
- Explore the characteristics and severity of each type of SMA
- Learn about the unique nutritional and hydration requirements and feeding considerations for the client with SMA
- Identify the respiratory complications related to muscle impairment in SMA and interventions for respiratory management by nurses
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Complete entire Self-Directed Learning
- Complete Knowledge-Assessment/Quiz/Post-Test
- Complete evaluation with electronic signature
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- describe the characteristics of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- list the four (4) types of SMA.
- assess the nutritional and hydration management for clients with SMA.
- Identify the respiratory risks with SMA and the appropriate nursing interventions to minimize those risks.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Kathy Pfeiffer, BSN, RN has been a pediatric nurse for 32 years - 14 years as a PICU nurse and 18 years in home care. Currently Kathy is the Director of Pediatric Clinical Operations for Bayada Home Health Care. She develops pediatric policies, has clinical oversight of the Pediatric Clinical Operations managers that provide training for all new pediatric clinical leaders. Kathy is involved with the Sentinel Event review committee; transitions workgroup and pediatric certification program.
- 1.50 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 1.50 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.