Care of a Client with Spinal Cord Injury - LIVE WEBINAR 5/9/18
The purpose of this activity it to educate the clinician on the specific demographics and the anatomy and physiology of the spinal cord injury as well as familiarize the learner with the special needs of these clients and how to plan for their home care management.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
**Please note: WEBINAR LINK is located on page after clicking COURSE ACCESS**
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- describe demographic information related to Spinal Cord Injury
- review Anatomy and Physiology and types of SCI
- describe the effects of SCI and their management
- examine the complications of SCI and their implications
- compare factors in life span and prognosis
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Stacey Rice, BSN, RN, CRRN
Stacey has over 20 years experience in nursing and is a Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN). She has worked in a variety of direct patient care areas; as well as for large insurance and workmans compensation organizations. Stacey has been in home care since 2010. She started at BAYADA by providing direct patient care to our technology dependent clients; subsequently moved into the office where she began supervising staff as well as implementing and maintaining plans of care. She has also performed the role of Transitional Care Manager assisting with care coordination for both assistive care and skilled care for technology dependent clients transitioning from hospital to home. She is currently the Director of the Adult Transitional Care Program and assists with complex case management
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page