Care of a Client with Spinal Cord Injury -LIVE WEBINAR 09/22/17
The purpose of this activity it to educate the clinician on the specific demographics and the anatomy and physiology of the spinal cord injury as well as familiarize the learner with the special needs of these clients and how to plan for their home care management.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via webinar report log-in sheet for today
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- describe demographic information related to Spinal Cord Injury
- review Anatomy and Physiology and types of SCI
- describe the effects of SCI and their management
- examine the complications of SCI and their implications
- compare factors in life span and prognosis
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Alyson Bolton, RN
Alyson Bolton has been a nurse for 32 years, in hospital, long term and the home care settings. She has most recently worked in home care as a field nurse then Clinical Manager before accepting her current role as Transitional Care Manager, helping transition clients safely from the hospital setting to the comfort of their homes. She has extensive experience in the subacute rehab setting and helps facilitate all aspects of the transitoning process, orchestrating the insurance authorization, DME and nursing competency. Her experience with spinal cord injury clients extends from her years in subacute rehab.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page