Care of a Client with Spinal Cord Injury 9/27/16 10:00 AM
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- provide demographic information related to Spinal Cord Injury
- review Anatomy and Physiology and types of SCI
- describe the effects of SCI and their management
- examine the complications of SCI and their implications
- compare factors in life span and prognosis
Lisa Fiore, RN, CRRN
Lisa is a registered nurse with a variety of experience ranging from acute care, to long term care and then to home care. While in acute care, she worked at a level one trauma center on a neurosurgical floor caring for acute spinal cord injured clients. She has currently been at Bayada for 16 years as a clinical manager, educator and manager of clinical operations. During her time with Bayada, she assisted clients to tranisition to home and clinically managed clients with different levels of spinal cord injury. She received her rehabilitation certification in 2001.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
ANCC- BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Verification of attendance via sign-in sheet
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation