BAYADA Hickory Pediatrics (HIP) CE Education Day - 06/28/18 Classroom
Live Classroom Mini-Conference
Four (4) CE courses will be presented during a one day event. Breakfast and lunch will be provided to attendees.
The purposes of these activities are as follows:
- Demystifying Home Care Nursing - To provide the learner with information about what Home Care Nursing is and is not.
- Epilepsy - Enhance your knowledge and skills for the patient with a history of epilepsy. Also learn the most recent interventions available. To introduce a partnership model for individual engagement that is ideally suited to the "whole person" needs; techniques of motivational interviewing will be explored and practiced as a means of addressing identified areas of concern.
- Teamwork, Collaboration, and Conflict Management - To provide the learner with information related to the characteristics of a team, teambuilding and conflict management.
- Tragedy of a Traumatic Brain Injury - To provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
• Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes per course
• Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
• You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
• Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
At the end of these educational activities the learner will be able to:
Demystifying Home Care Nursing
- summarize the history of Home Care Nursing – how it started, how it evolved and what it is like today
- describe a typical home care patient and the Home Care Nurse’s role in taking care of that patient – case studies will be used to achieve this objective
- understand some of the most common misconceptions about the profession of Home Care Nursing
- define epilepsy and its causes
- describe the different types of seizures
- identify medications used to treat epilepsy
- describe alternate treatments for epilepsy
Teamwork, Collaboration and Conflict Resolution
- identify characteristics of a team, a well-functioning team and stages of team building
- recognize teambuilding processes and strategies including positive and negative behavior and feedback
- define the importance of setting objectives and goals
- define collaboration in the team environment and understand the importance of meetings, agenda development, and conflict and conflict management
Tragedy of Traumatic Brain Injury
- describe the types of TBI and severity
- recognize anatomy of skull and brain
- describe the evaluation process
- describe the rehabilitation process
- identify post-acute issues
- identify employment concerns
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for these educational activities by any of the authors or presenters.
Jessica Price, RN CM II
Jessica Price has been a nurse since 2004 and has worked for BAYADA since 2005. She initially worked in the field with adults and quickly transferred to pediatrics. After 7 years in the field, Jessica was approached by the pediatric office to transition to a clinical manager through the ASPIRE program. She has worked with many different children and adults with many different disease processes including epilepsy and traumatic brain injuries. Jessica loves to teach and enjoys sharing personal experiences and real life stories during classes to make a better connection with the learners.
- RNs and LPNs will be able to claim CE credit
- All others will receive a Certificate of Participation
- 4.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 4.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Techincal Support tab on Home Page