Alzheimer's An Overview Live Classroom and Webinar - 10/12/16 - 12:00PM
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with information on the disease process and skills or techniques used to manage these clients at home.
Certified Case Managers
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- define Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia
- identify brain structures related to Alzheimer's/Dementia
- identify the differences between normal aging and dementia
- describe basic cognitive functions affected by age
- identify Alzheimer's disease process
- identify management techniques to care for AD patients
- identify safety precautions to care for AD patients
Mary Ellen Garofalo, MSN, RN, CRRN
Mary Ellen is the Director of the Transitional Care Program at BAYADA. She has been a nurse for 40 years and has an MSN in Clinical Leadership and Clinical Systems Management. RN Transitional Care Managers provide support and care coordination for the client transition from hospital to home. She and her team work closely with clinical managers and case managers today. Mary Ellen has performed the role of case manager and clinical manager in the past.
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
ANCC -BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CCMC -This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Verification of attendance via sign-in sheet
- Evaluation completion with electronic signature
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
- 1.00 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Clock hours (CCMC)This program has been submitted to the Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide board certified case managers with clock hours.