ALS: Lou Gehrig's Disease - LIVE CLASSROOM 2/20/19
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to describe the symptoms and epidemiology of ALS as well as list the home care needs and verbalize the various methods to meet the needs.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administration of attendance via sign-in sheet
- You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
- Evaluation must be completed within 1 month of event before course expires.
All Health Care Professionals regardless of CE credit
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- define amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- describe the epidemiology of ALS
- explore etiology of ALS
- identify sympton presentation
- discuss factors in diagnosis
- explain functional losses
- identify decisions to be made due to functional loss
- explain factors that affect progression
- identify factors in Medical Management
- discuss psychological issues with ALS
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Gregory Crawford OTR/L, MS, CDP
Greg Crawford has been an occupational therapist for the past nine years dedicating his career to the Senior Living population. Greg has also worked in the pediatric, in-patient acute rehab and skilled nursing facility setting during his career. Greg currently is a Certified Dementia-Care Practitioner (CDP) and is a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) and maintains his National Board Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Greg is currently the Director of Senior Living for BAYADA Home Health Care and supports the Pennsylvania and Ohio geography for BAYADA Senior Living Solutions.
- 2.00 Contact hours (ANCC)BAYADA Home Health Care is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 2.00 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact email@example.com for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Technical Support tab on Home Page