Advanced Topics in the Pediatric Gastrointestinal System - Live Webinar - 11/07/2019
This course discusses how to assess, monitor and safely manage care of complex GI conditions including Viral Gastroenteritis, Enterocolitis, NEC, Psuedo Obstruction, Hirschsprung Disease, Short Bowel Syndrome and GERD.
Criteria for Successful Completion of Activity to Claim CE Certificate
- Attend planned length of activity missing no more than 10 minutes
- Validation by CE Administrator of attendance via webinar report log-in sheet for live webinar
- Evaluation completion-You will receive an email, after 1-2 business days, prompting you to complete an evaluation on education.bayada.com
** Please Note: Webinar Link is located on page after clicking course access**
By the end of this educational activity the learner will be able to:
- Discuss Pediatric GI Assessment and Stoma/Peri stoma skin assessment
- Verbalize nursing interventions for feeding intolerance, viral gastroenteritis
- Verbalize potential nutritional deficits in clients with impaired absorption related to Short bowel syndrome and need for parenteral/enteral feeding
- Recognize signs and symptoms of complications stomas and peri-stomal skin
DISCLOSURE | CONFLICT OF INTEREST
No relevant conflict of interest or financial relationships were disclosed for this educational activity by any of the authors or presenters.
Susan McAndrew CE, BSN, RN, CHSE
With fifteen years in nursing, Susan has specialized in the care of Pediatric patients. She currently focuses on nursing education for nurses in pediatric homecare for BAYADA Pediatrics. Her nursing background covers Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatric Emergency Care and School Nursing at Burlington County Special Services School District. She holds certification as a Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator.
- 2.50 Contact hours (ANCC)
- 2.50 Participation
If course is cancelled:
By BAYADA; if the education is cancelled for any reason the learner will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
By learner; any applicable course fee will be refundable up until one (1) day prior to date registered for the education. After this date the course fee may be non-refundable. BAYADA will not be responsible for any associated fees or costs such as travel or lodging.
Contact email@example.com for any grievances and the complaint will be addressed within two (2) business days. Complaints will be disseminated to all appropriate parties for review and resolution of any conflicts or grievances.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration of request. If special needs accommodations are not available, the participant will receive a full refund for any applicable course fee.
Please see Technical Support tab on Home Page