Adult Nurse Residency Class - October 2019
This intensive 9 week course is designed to facilitate the new nurse's transition from student to independent practitioner in the specialty of home care. During this course, the nurse resident will assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the adult home care client; as well as develop interpersonal skills that allow collaborative relationships with families, coworkers, physicians, and other members of the health care team. The nurse resident will maintain client safety and satisfaction and become familiar with career path opportunities in home care.
Recent licensed LPN or RN graduates who wish to pursue their career assisting clients in their homes.
Upon completion of the program, the nurse resident will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence with adult population in the home care environment within the job description based on best practices and BAYADA policy requirements
- Describe and demonstrate critical thinking with common disease processes in various clinical situations
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the adult home care client
- Provide nursing care by utilizing clinical knowledge according to approved standards of care and practice
- Demonstrate effective teaching skill and provide anticipatory guidance for educating primary caregivers
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective communication with client, family and all members of the health care team
Michelle Frost BSN, RN, CRRN
Michelle has been a nurse for over 24 years. Her entire nursing career has revolved around rehabilitation nursing, caring for clients with neuromuscular disorders. During her tenure at BAYADA Home Health Care, she has worked in various roles; home care nurse, Preceptor, Clinical Manager, ACE tracheostomy/ventilator educator. Her current title is Manager of Adult Clinical Education and is the instructor for the Nurse Residency Program. Should you have any questions, she may be reached via email at email@example.com or via office at 856-406-0216.
- 0.00 Participation